We got this great blueberry muffin recipe from Allrecipes.com. We love love blueberry muffins and this recipe is one of the best we've tried in a while. The recipe calls for white flour and allot of sugar so it's more like a dessert muffin than a substantial one. We did have to go out and get more berries since we decided to double the recipe. We also ran out of eggs so Gaia and I went out to the hen house to collect some fresh eggs.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
|This is the awesome reaction that occurs when the milk hits the oil and egg!|
|Mix wet ingredients with dry|
|After we added our mixture to the muffin cups.|
|Our super buttery crumble topping!|
|Don't forget to add your crumble topping before you bake|