Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Adding Leg Gussets to a Cloth Diaper Cover

Many people ask me how I add leg gussets to my cloth diaper covers so I made a short tutorial.  Hopefully this will add ease and understanding to your diaper cover sewing!  I learn from pictures so I tried to give very detailed pics. I guess my blog has turned from crafts with kids to crafts for mommy's and daddy's!

FOE the straight side of your gusset then find the center and pin to your diaper.


Sew carefully down one side.  I like to sew 1/4 of an inch from the outer edge.

This is where it gets a little awkward.  Turn your diaper and sew with the bulk of the diaper in from the center of your gusset. Go very slowly to make sure you don't sew off the diaper.

This is what it should look like when you're done.

This is what it looks like from the outside.  Don't worry about the raw edge, you'll FOE the entire thing next!

Two gusset's all ready for your FOE.

Finished Diaper Cover

YAY! All done!  Once you get this down it shouldn't take you longer than 15-20 minutes or even less!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for writing this up. I just have this annoying need to try everything myself and since I have all the diaper making supplies on hand, I really want to try this. I think it's be great to try to tailor my own cover for my children. I always wished the store-bought ones were bigger or thicker.

    ReplyDelete